Alright guys. I’m hoping to help some of you Mama’s out there with insanely wild babies and toddlers who sport diapers. Let me break down our personal diapering journey first before I go into this caddy with you all.
So my son is the typical BOY. He started walking at 9 months. Hasn’t stopped moving since conception and has no interest in being potty trained. He will be 3 on Sunday. After some researching on how I’m going to handle this, we have decided to not force anything and to wait until he is showing signs before we attempt at any sort of potty training. We bought big boy underwear, have about 5 different little pottys just ready for our little man and we discuss the potty daily. We encourage and never force. He will be starting a new preschool soon that utilizes Pull Ups so we will see how this will pan out. This past week he let me know he went #2 in his diaper for the first time. So I think (hope) things will move quickly.
With all that said, I have to wrangle a super BIG squiggly wiggly wild child who is very uncooperative during diaper changes. We ditched his changing table a long time ago and have been changing him anywhere we can. We were using a towel under his bum just because I’m a bit of a germ freak but it was getting annoying and cumbersome to deal with a towel, his wipes, a new diaper, an old diaper and HIM. So within my research I stumbled upon Ubbi’s Diaper Caddy and threw it on an Amazon List and honestly forgot to order it.
Ubbi reached out to me a few months ago from their Project Nursery Black & White Nursery contest and was kind enough to gift this caddy to me (I think she could hear my frustration in my email.)
We got this handy-dandy little caddy in the mail awhile ago and have used it ever since. It totes around with us throughout all of our rooms if we need to but primarily stays put right next to our sofa.
The things I really like about it:
- Its sturdy and well made.
- It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. LOVE the gray color!
- Little window in the front to see if I have enough wipes and when I’m getting low.
- The changing mat is soft and squishy and easy to clean (hallelujah a lot better than a towel)
- Its compact enough – not bulky or annoying large.
- I love how it has a little drawer to put diaper cream or anything else I might need. This could have been SO useful when he was a newborn.
- The wipes dispenser is an extra accessory that you can purchase separately but it is a MUST have. It has a weighted top that you slap on top of your wipes to keep them from drying out AND help you with pulling them out. The top also has a pretty good seal to also help with keeping the wipes wet.
- It holds plenty of diapers. Gent is in size 6 obviously and we can fit anywhere from 15-20 diapers when I smash them all in there.
- PVC, BPA and Phthalate free
I want one!
All my diaper changing Mamas and Mamas to be NEEDS this caddy. The Ubbi Diaper Caddy with Changing Pad‘s are sold at various stores. For the most convenient spot, Amazon it is. It comes in GREY, BLUE, PINK and ORANGE. The blue color just happens to be on sale currently on Amazon! YUP! Don’t forget to purchase the wipes dispenser while you’re at it!
Shopping on Amazon
Grey Caddy: Click Here
Grey Wipes Dispenser: Click Here
Blue Caddy: Click Here
Blue Wipes Dispenser: Click Here
Pink Caddy: Click Here
Pink Wipes Dispenser: Click Here
Orange Caddy: Click Here
Orange Wipes Dispenser: Click Here
The Sentimental Mama is an Affiliate of Amazon. In normal words, it means that I earn some pennies here and there for genuinely recommending products I use.